Monday, March 5, 2012

Upcoming sequels



A lot of filmmakers or companies have always been sequel-lovers, even if everyone knew the sequel would be a complete failure, or even destroy the first movie for many a viewer. Examples such as Pirates of the Caribbean: on Stranger Tides, nearly all the Disney sequels, the Matrix sequels (for some), the Jurassic Park sequels and the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey (2010: the year we make contact) come to mind. Hell, we were even close to a sequel of Gladiator, I kid you not.
Anyway, not all sequels are bad. The first two sequels of Pirates were nice, and so were of course the Lord of the Rings sequels. Therefore, I will let you decide over these upcoming sequels.

1) Despicable Me 2 (2013). Gru and his Yellow worker-bees are back! I myself am excited to see this one. I think Despicable Me is one of the best animation movies ever.
 Despicable Me 2

2) Bad Santa 2 (2013). This one was recently announced. For those who haven't seen the first one, I'd say go for it. It'll warm your heart. Billy Bob Thornton does a really nice job being a dick.
Bad Santa 2

3) G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2012). Many of you have probably already heard of this one. To me, the only way is up for this one. Can't be worse than the first.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation

4) The Muppets 2 (????). The first one isn't cold yet or the second one is announced. Better go see the first one before saying anything.

5) Last but not least: Top Gun 2 (????). Still in development and only recently announced. I hear many of you gasp at the thought (or is it just myself i hear?). Tom Cruise will (probably) return as the defying Lieutenant Pete "Maverick" Mitchell.
Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is, they are up here on this plaque.
[turns to Maverick]
Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
Maverick: Yes, sir.
Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
Maverick: Yes, sir.
Viper: I like that in a pilot.
(change "name" and "pilot" with "sequel". That's what I'm thinking)
Top Gun 2


Tell me what you think and give a reaction!

1 comment: